Viewing SEC EDGAR ASCII Files
To view a properly formatted EDGAR text or .txt file, follow these instructions.
- Save the document to your hard drive from your e-mail program. DO NOT DOUBLE CLICK TO ACCESS THIS TEXT FILE.
- Open Word from the Start Menu.
- At the top of your program click on Tool and then Options.
- Under General - place a tick on Confirm Conversion at Open then Okay.
- Put your cursor on File and click on Open and at the bottom of the dialogue box where it asks for Files of Type: pick "all files".
- Navigate to the document that you saved, highlight it and click on open.
- When it asks where to convert file from choose "Text Only" at the top and click on okay.
- Highlight the entire document by using CtrlA.
- At the top left of your screen in Word, place your cursor on File and under File click on Page Set-up.
- Set the top, bottom, left and right margins to .4 inches and the rest to 0 - click on Okay. If the box says Fix or Ignore, - click on Ignore.
- With the text still all highlighted, set the Font to "Courier New" and the pitch to "7" (the number 7 has to be typed in because it's too small to be an option).
- Under View choose Zoom and set it to 150% so that you can see the document properly.
- Click anywhere in your document to get rid of the highlighting.
Now your document should be set up the correct way.