The following is a list of commonly asked SEDI questions. If your question cannot be answered here, please give us a call at (604) 609-0244. For more information on furnishing us with the correct information for a SEDI report, see the SEDI Checklist.
|Q.||How do I contact Newsfile Corp. ?|
|Q.||What is SEDI?|
|Q.||Who files documents on SEDI?|
|Q.||What is an insider?|
|Q.||As an insider, do I need to create a User account on SEDI?|
|Q.||What about SEDI fees?|
How do I contact Newsfile Corp. ?
Please view the contact page.
What is SEDI?
Please view the SEDI overview page.
Who files documents on SEDI?
SEDI requires insiders to file electronically their insider reports, and issuers to file electronically certain information, over the Internet, using the SEDI web site.
What is an insider?
According to the British Columbia Securities Act and Rules (Annotated 1998) an insider means, if used in relation to an issuer:
- a director or senior officer of the issuer
- a director or senior officer of a person that is itself an insider or subsidiary of the issuer,
- a person that has
- direct or indirect beneficial ownership of,
- control or direction over, or
- a combination of direct or indirect beneficial ownership of and of control or direction over
- the issuer itself, if it has purchased, redeemed or otherwise acquired any securities of its own issue, for so long as it continues to hold those securities
As an insider, do I need to create a User account on SEDI?
No. Newsfile can act as an Agent on your behalf. As an Agent, we can create insider and issuer profiles and file reports to such profiles respectively. You can still create a user account if you wish.
What about SEDI fees?
SEDI fees are paid by issuers on an annual basis. All SEDAR filers are responsible for paying SEDI filing fees when they file their annual financial statements via SEDAR. Insiders are not normally required to pay fees to the securities commissions.