MineralFunds.com Mergers & Acquisitions Report May 30th, 2022

Toronto, Ontario--(Newsfile Corp. - June 2, 2022) - A Copy of the Full Report is Available to Read by Following the Link Below:

Gold Fields Ltd. to Acquire Yamana Gold Inc. in US$6.7B Transaction

The report provides a summary of Gold and Precious Metal Funds that hold:

1) The Acquired Company only:                  Yamana Gold Inc. (TSXV: YRI)
2) The Acquirer only:                                  Gold Fields Limited (NYSE: GFI)
3) Both the acquirer and the acquired company.

On Monday 30th, May, 2022, South Africa-based Gold Fields Ltd. (NYSE: GFI) agreed to buy Yamana Gold Inc. (TSXV: YRI) in an all-stock deal that values Yamana at $6.7 billion USD. If the deal is approved, Gold Fields Ltd. shareholders will end up with 61% of the combined $15.6 billion USD company, and Yamana Gold Inc. shareholders will hold the remaining 39%.

Gold Fields Ltd. (NYSE: GFI) is paying a 34% premium to the weighted average share price of Yamana Gold Inc. (TSXV: YRI) shares calculated over the 10 trading days immediately preceding the transaction. Gold Fields Ltd. shares fell 11% on the news as investors considered these payment terms. Yamana Gold Inc. shareholders are set to receive 0.6 of a Gold Fields Ltd. share. The Transaction implies a valuation for Yamana Gold Inc. of US$6.7 billion and represents a premium of 33.8% to the 10-day Volume-Weighted Average Price ("VWAP") of Yamana Gold Inc.'s shares, calculated at US$ 5.20 on Friday, May 27th, 2022.

Gold Fields Ltd. (NYSE: GFI) merging with Yamana Gold Inc. (TSXV: YRI) will create world's fourth biggest gold miner.

7 Funds show as holding Yamana Gold Inc. (TSXV: YRI) exclusively, and will be the biggest performance beneficiaries from this transaction:

Acquired only

Both

Acquirer only

Yamana Gold Inc.

Yamana Gold Inc. and Gold Fields Limited

Gold Fields Limited

iW Commodities & Gold Equities

Invesco Gold & Special Minerals Fund

Fidelity Select Gold

DMS Charteris Gold and Precious Metals Fund

VanEck International Investors Gold Fund

Sprott Gold Equity Fund

Placeuro Gold Mines

American Century Global Gold Fund

Franklin Gold & Precious Metals Fund

AMG Gold, Minen und Metalle

USAA Precious Metals and Minerals Fund

EuroPac Gold Fund

AuAg Silver Bullet

Gabelli Gold Fund Inc.

U.S. Global Investors Gold and Precious Metals Fund

SafePort Gold & Silver Mining Fund

Allspring Precious Metals Fund

Mackenzie Precious Metals Class

Premium Gold and Metal Open Fund

GAMCO Natural Resources, Gold & Income Trust

BlackRock Global Funds World Gold Fund

Total: 7 Funds

Rydex Precious Metals Fund

BAKERSTEEL Precious Metals Fund


VanEck VIP Global Gold Fund

Franklin Gold and Precious Metals Fund (Lux)


Precious Metals UltraSector ProFund

STABILITAS Silber+Weissmetalle


RBC Global Precious Metals Fund

Sprott-Alpina Gold Equity UCITS Fund


IG Mackenzie Global Precious Metals Class

BlackRock Gold & General Fund


TD Precious Metals Fund

LF Ruffer Gold Fund


CIBC Precious Metals Fund

NinetyOne Funds Series iii - Global Gold Fund


Konwave Gold Equity Fund

ASA Gold and Precious Metals Limited


CPR Invest - Global Gold Mines

United Gold & General Fund


Deutsche Invest I Gold & Precious Metals Equities

Craton Capital Precious Metal Fund


Schroder International Selection Fund Global Gold

Value Intelligence Gold Company Fonds (AMI)


Invesco Gold and Special Metals Fund (Lux)

Total: 17 Funds


DJE Gold & Ressourcen



iW Precious Metal Mining Equities



Landolt Investment (Lux) SICAV - Gold



Lombard Odier Funds - World Gold Expertise



Crossinvest Metals and Mining Equity



Konwave Sustainable Gold Equity Fund



Claresco Or et Métaux Précieux



ES Baker Steel Gold and Precious Metals Fund



Cours CM-AM Global Gold



Edmond de Rothschild Goldsphere



Stratégie Indice Or



AAZ Prestige Or



DWS Noor Precious Metal Securities Fund (Sharia)



Sprott-Alpina Gold Equity Fund



Zenito Silver and Gold Fund



C-Quadrat Gold & Resources Fund



Total: 35 Funds


Source: https://mineralfunds.com/gold-funds/

About MineralFunds.com

MineralFunds.com provides prices, performance and trade information for all the world's metal ETFs including Precious Metals, Battery Metals, Platinum Group Metals and Base Metals and comprehensive fund information, including asset allocations, for Gold & Precious Metals Managed Funds from all investment jurisdictions.

For further information please contact:

(416) 525 - 6869

manager@mineralprices.com

To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/126297

info