Tombill Mines Announces UAV-MAG Airborne Geophysics Survey
- Abitibi Geophysics will carry out the survey using AeroVision Drone-MAG technology
- Approximately 108 line kilometres of UAV Magnetics
- Important step for Tombill Main Group property which has not seen modern exploration
Vancouver, British Columbia--(Newsfile Corp. - February 2, 2021) - Tombill Mines Limited (TSXV: TBLL) (the "Company" or "Tombill"), is pleased to announce the start of an Unmanned Aerial Vehicle-Magnetometer Survey ("UAV-MAG Survey") on its Tombill Main Group property in the Geraldton Gold Camp. The survey will be flown by Abitibi Geophysics, a leading Canadian geophysics provider.
● The magnetic surveys will cover high priority targets on the Tombill Main Group
● UAV-MAG Survey is capable of flying at tree-top level with tight-line spacing, which gathers exceptionally detailed data that highlights subtle magnetic features for interpreting structures
● Approximately 108 line kilometres of UAV Magnetics (5.4 square kilometres, flown at 29m AGL, with 50 m line spacing)
● The new survey will help better identify high-priority, cross-cutting features, and structures on Tombill's property. Identification of these features will help refine and identify current and additional drill targets for our drill program
● AeroVision Drone-MAG, a pioneer technology in UAV airborne geophysics, will be used to survey the property. The drone provides low altitude aeromagnetic surveys, producing high resolution data at regular intervals at a fraction of the time and cost of surface mag
Adam Horne, CEO - commented, "We look forward to conducting these airborne geophysical surveys with Abitibi Geophysics, one of the leading Canadian geophysics providers. This will be very useful for interpreting possible gold-bearing features for surface and near-surface exploration at the Tombill Main Group property, which has not seen modern exploration, nor geophysical surveys since the 1970's. Moreover, we are aiming to embark on our surface and near-surface campaigns in Q2 of this year."
Map of Phase 1 and 2 drilling locations
To view an enhanced version of this graphic, please visit:
Glen Kuntz, P.Geo, of Nordmin, is the Company's designated Qualified Person for this news release within the meaning of National Instrument 43-101 Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects and has reviewed and approved its scientific and technical content.
Tombill owns various royalty-free mineral exploration and past-producing gold properties in the Geraldton and Beardmore camp, Ontario. The Company's business is mineral exploration, primarily gold. It has 74 claims: 60 are owned and patented, five leased, and nine where it owns the mineral rights. Of these, the Tombill Main Group property comprises 58 claims: 54 owned patents, and four owned mineral rights. The Tombill claims were originally staked in the first Geraldton Gold Rush in the 1930's by Tom Johnson and his brother Bill.
For more information, please visit www.tombillmines.com, and contact:
Chairman & Chief Executive Officer
Email: email@example.com / Tel: +44 (0) 207 529 2351
Strategic Development & Investor Relations
Email: firstname.lastname@example.org / Tel: +44 (0) 207 529 2361
Cautionary Note Regarding Forward-Looking Information
Certain information contained herein constitutes "forward-looking information" under Canadian securities legislation. Forward-looking information includes, but is not limited to, statements with respect to the trading date of the Company's common shares on the TSXV. Generally, forward-looking information can be identified by the use of forward-looking terminology such as "will" or variations of such words and phrases or statements that certain actions, events or results "will" occur. Forward-looking statements are based on the opinions and estimates of management as of the date such statements are made and they are subject to known and unknown risks, uncertainties and other factors that may cause the actual results to be materially different from those expressed or implied by such forward-looking statements or forward-looking information. There can be no assurance that such statements will prove to be accurate, as actual results and future events could differ materially from those anticipated in such statements. Readers should not place undue reliance on forward-looking statements and forward-looking information. The Company will not update any forward-looking statements or forward-looking information that are incorporated by reference herein, except as required by applicable securities laws.
Additional information identifying risks and uncertainties is contained in filings by the Company with the Canadian securities regulators, which filings are available at www.sedar.com.
Neither the TSXV nor its Regulation Services Provider (as that term is defined in policies of the TSXV) accepts responsibility for the adequacy or accuracy of this release.
Not for Distribution in the United States
To view the source version of this press release, please visit https://www.newsfilecorp.com/release/73428