Sales Support Representative
Newsfile is seeking a sales support representative (SSR) residing in greater Vancouver. The successful candidate will be responsible for supporting new qualified sales opportunities in target accounts for our regional sales representative. An outside sales calling agency will pass leads to the SSR. The SSR will become a trusted resource and develop relationships with prospects, acting as the initial point of contact within Newsfile. This role will be primarily focused on researching the target accounts and assisting the regional sales manager in closing the prospects. The successful candidate will be trained to be able to converse technically about all Newsfile services and provide demos when requested. The SSR will be closely mentored and professionally developed by one of the most successful sales reps in our industry. This is a growth position; the successful candidate has the potential to progress to the role of a full sales representative. Newsfile wants to be part of your success.
- Preparation of proprietary materials and presentations to assist sales representatives;
- Working with the sales representatives to support the acquisition of new accounts in their respective territories including scheduling initial prospecting calls for the sales team and participating in joint calls with seasoned sales representatives;
- Researching and evaluating additional leads/prospects through web research to provide in-depth information to the sales team to enable the most qualified and productive proposals;
- Help as needed to build awareness on special projects / events;
- Entering and maintaining all contacts/opportunities and tracking the sales cycle using Maximizer;
- 1+ years of progressively responsible marketing, inside sales or business development related sales experience (preferred);
- Proven track record demonstrating strong articulation of a product selling points via phone(preferred);
- Ability to assist in coordinating sales functions including prospecting and leading research;
- Knowledge of capital markets and/or regulatory filing is highly desirable. Initial success will be gained using product knowledge, awareness of our competition, superior written and telephone skills, and persistence;
- Ability to develop rapport, influence others and maintain strong working relationships;
- Demonstrated ability to explain complex issues clearly;
- Must be self-motivated, persistent, and able to work independently;
- Must be motivated by increasing your income by positive results; and
- Must be familiar with Microsoft office and maintaining detailed records in Maximizer (preferred).
Please reply by email to email@example.com in a letter explaining why you are suitable for and should be considered for the position.